Sunday, August 31, 2014

An Introduction



My name is Mallory McCrate and I'm a sophomore at the University of Cincinnati. I'm majoring in International Business although I used to be in the field of engineering.  After I switched majors I wanted to take a course that was as far from the engineering discipline as possible. I stumbled upon this cinema class and completely fell in love with the course description.  I'm what you may call a "jack of all trades, master of none" (not to toot my own horn if that comes across as braggy), and when that description applies to you, it usually reflects your interests as well.  I like and/or love so many different things, but for my entire life there's only been one true constant that I've been passionate about. My friends regularly joke about how they can't agree to watch movies with me anymore because I don't just watch one... I watch six. (Or so they say.  They grossly exaggerate the severity of my addiction.) I am completely enamored of everything that goes into the making of a film, the incredible stories and the feelings that they invoke through their imagery.  Simply put: I. Love. Movies.

1 comment:

  1. One of the best introductions I have ever read and the first declaration of movie-marathon-mania in this class!
    welcome home.

    ReplyDelete